Katy Perry, who is the award-winning American singer doesn’t need any introduction. However, in case, this is for those who don’t know much about her. Perry is a multi-talented and versatile singer. The ‘Roar’ singer has gained fame from her single “I Kissed a Girl”. It topped the Billboard 100 chart and lasted for seven weeks.
Perry has received various musical awards including four Guinness World Records. Also, Forbes has listed her as highest-earning women from 2011-2018. Besides, she is also active in advocating for the LGBT community. Let us scroll down to know more about Katy’s topic like Personal life, Career, and Net worth. In Addition, if you like to read about singers like Adele and Leona Lewis.
Katy Perry: Bio, Family, Education
The versatile singer was born on 25 October 1984, in Santa Barbara, California, US. She was born as Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson to a parents Maurice Keith Hudson and Mary Christine Perry. She grew up in a conservative manner with many restrictions along with her siblings. They are elder sister Angela and younger brother David. In her childhood days, she often moved across the country because her parents set up churches before relocating to Santa Barbara.
From an early age, she has an interest in pop\rock music, however, in her family, only gospel songs were allowed. So, she secretly used to sing those songs and afterward begin to chase her dream making in a singing career. Coming to her education, she has attended different religious schools including Paradise Valley Christian School in Arizona and Santa Barbara Christian school in California. She briefly attended the Dos Pueblos High School and joined Music Academy of the West to pursue her musical where she studied Italian Opera.
Katy Perry: Profession & Achievements
- Perry gained the attention of Steve Thomas and Jennifer Knapp then she started to learn writing songs and to record demos as well. After that, she released her debut album ‘Katy Hudson’ on March 2001 and went on tour as a part of Phil Joel’s Strangely Normal Tour.
- In 2003, she adopted her mother’s maiden name and made her stage name ‘Katy Perry’. In 2004, she signed Ballard’s label, java. After that java was dropped, she started to work with Columbia Records as a solo artist.
- Perry has written songs for various artist including The Matrix, Dr.Luke, Butch Walker, and Greg Walls.
- In 2007, Perry was signed to Capitol Records. Then, she co-wrote the song “I Kissed a Girl” and “Hot n Cold” with Dr.Luke. The songs reached US Billboard 200 however it created both religious and LGBT controversy.
- In 2010, she released “California Gurls” featuring Snoop Dogg in her third studio album “Teenage Dream”. The song racked the number one in US Billboard 100. In the same year, the single ‘Teenage Dream” was released which gained a top position on Billboard Hot 100.
2011 to present
- In 2011, her fourth song “E.T.” from the album ‘Teenage Dream’ was released featuring Kanye West. Like the previous song, it also topped the Billboard 100 for five weeks. This made Perry the first female to have such record and also the second artist after Michael Jackson’s album “Bad”. In the same year, she recorded her second tour ‘California Dreams Tour’ which grossed $59.5 million.
- As an actress, she debuted with the movie “The Smurfs” as ‘Smurfette’. She also appeared as a guest star in the episode ‘Oh Honey’ of ‘How I Met Your Mother’. Perry has featured in various films and documentaries too.
- In 2012, she started to work on her fourth album “Prism” and also planning to have a ‘darker elements’ in the album following the end of her marriage. Perry released ‘Roar’ from the album which gained #1 position on the US Billboard Hot 100 in 2013. In the same year, Unconditionally was also released which took the 14th position on the US. The album sold its 4 million copies as of 2015 and received a critic’s reviews.
- In 2016, she recorded the anthem ‘Rise’ for the NBC Sports coverage for ‘Summer Olympics’ and released after a month. In 2017, Perry released her another album ‘Witness’.
- Perry has won 5 American Music Awards, fourteen People’s Choice Awards, and four Guinness World Records. Also received a Brit Award and a Juno Award.
- In 2012, she listed as a Billboard ‘s ‘Woman Of The Year’. Her Album ‘Teenage Dream’ became the first female artist to make Number one billboard Hot 100 singles.
- Also, She received the title ‘the Top Global Recording artist’ of 2013. And became the first artist to receive Diamond Certifications for three songs.
Katy Perry: Personal Life, Husband, & Relationship
Katy was once married to actor Russell Brand in October 2010. But their relationship ended at that time when began to work in her Album ‘Prism’ in 2012. Further, there is no information available on their marriage or dating. After that, she had a brief relationship with singer John Mayer.
Previously, before her marriage, she has dated some famous celebrity. From 2005 to 2006, she was together with actor John Lewis. After their one year relationship, the actor died falling from the rooftop in 2012. Then, she dated Travie McCoy from 2007 to 2008, Diplo for a year, and rumored relationship with Josh Groban. Also, on-off relationship with the actor Orlando Bloom.
Katy Perry: Net Worth & Social Media Platform
Being a successful singer, most of her songs are listed in the top of US Billboard Hot 100 list. She is a pop queen sho has given numerous hit singles throughout her career. Without any doubt, she has earned a huge net worth from her singing career. There, her net worth has an estimation of $330 million roughly.
With this huge net worth, Perry must be living a lavishing life. She has bought a Hollywood Hills for $9.45 million. Also, her another mansion on Beverly Hills Home has worth $19.5 million in the market. Moreover, she is fond of cars and has a car collection including Maserati GranCabrio, Smart ForTwo, Audi a5, and Ferreri California. Additionally, Perry’s style is unique and whatever she wears it becomes trendy.
As a public figure, she can be found highly on social media platforms. She goes by the handle @katyperry with 74.8m followers. On Twitter, she has an account by @Katyperry with 107m followers. Also, she uses the Facebook account by @Katyperry and has over 68.5m followers.
Katy Perry: Body Measurements
The popular singer has an average height of 5 feet 8 inch or 1.73 meters. She has a slim body that weighs to 59 Kg or 130 pounds having BDI of 20. She promotes healthy body image and eating healthy. Perry maintains her weight with supplements and vitamins. The Roar singer has body measurements of 36-24-35 inches with an hourglass figure.